Considering my last post was March 6... documenting an Illini game in Champaign... and it's now March 24 and the Illini season is now over (disappointingly so, I might add)... I'm not doing a very good job of achieving my 2 blog posts/week 2009 goal, am I? Thank you faithful followers for not hounding me with emails, phone calls, or other jabs. It's possible that goal was a wee bit overzealous... clearly made before the realities of balancing work, mamahood, and the rest of life set it. That said, I'm resurfacing with a quick recap of what we've been up to. Stop here if you only visit for photos of Miss E. This list will be really boring to you. Hopefully some posts detailing these and other events (read, photos), will follow sometime before Christmas.
- My mom & dad visited over Pulaski Day weekend (you must have flunked American history if you don't know who Pulaski is). We balanced playing, watching basketball, and hanging shelves in/organizing our laundry room.
- When in Chicago we've been spending most Saturdays over at Breakthrough Urban Ministry's youth basketball program. E loves basketball and also the attention she gets from the neighborhood kids.
- Our church, Ethos, is gearing up for our "formal" launch in May. This has been an exciting time, though, as champions of the branding/communication efforts, it's also been a bit busy for Rye & me.
- Last weekend E & I ventured down to Greenville to visit Grandma V & Grandpa Kev and also attend my childhood friend, Cortney's, wedding. Elynor was the belle of the ball (before Cort arrived) at the reception... or so she thought. :) At the same time Rye & his brother, Robby, ventured to Indy to take in some Big 10 Tourney bball and visit my sis, Katie. Since neither of their teams performed, they jetted over to Greenville to hang w/ us on Sunday and take in a visit to the Powhatan with PawPaw.
- E also reached the 18 month milestone that weekend. Wow! How time flies... We give thanks for our 1.5 years w/ her!
- This weekend we celebrated another major milestone - Rye's big 3-0! His p's and sis, Katy, visited us from MN to ring in his new year (and maybe to also see E). As always, our time with them was a blast... largely spent outside in the awesome spring weather, including a trip to the zoo. Katy, plz send me some of your awesome pics!
Throw in some other friend's b'day parties, working a little more than originally planned, some more house and now yard stuff, celebrating periodic tastes of spring and as much as possible, simply taking it all in... and you've got a quick snapshot of what we've been up to.