One week in and we're hangin' in... actually, we're doing well. Annikah is still eating like a champ and is sleeping better than Miss E did at this stage (praying this continues...). Actually, at her 4-day MD visit she was already above her birth weight! Minus a few 2-year-tantrums, Elynor has taken to the role of big sis well. Overall she is very gentle with Annikah and is learning to use a whisper voice instead of yelling in her ears. And thanks to my mom's help, I am also recovering nicely.
We enjoyed a family photo shoot to mark A's 1-week birthday. Thanks to our beloved Heather for capturing such beautiful moments! Here's a sampling - I'll share them all (for those interested) via Picasa someday soon.
We have taken lots of pics... Just haven't gotten around to loading them up. So here's a quick cell phone shot for those anxiously awaiting a peek at precious Annikah (sorry, I'm thrown in there too:)! More to come - promise!
P.S. Sorry, Can't figure out how to rotate the image...
Assuming all goes well, we should be in recovery or heading to our room by this time tomorrow!
That's right, our c-section is scheduled for 10am. How's 2/2/10, Groundhog Day, sound for a birthday?!
Like last time, there's a part of me that finds this to be a little too planned... and still would like to experience at least a little labor... but at the end of the day, it's probably for the best for both me and the baby. At last week's appointment the ultrasound measurements predicted she weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz. Still smaller than Elynor, but estimating a weight gain of .5 - 1 lbs/week, and accounting for a +/-20% margin of error, we were right on the size bubble for advising a natural delivery. At that time the MDs said they'd support a natural birth during the course of this past week... but once we got to today (39 weeks), we would be pushing their comfort level for me and the baby. Ryan and I agreed and decided to follow their recommendation... moving the scheduled c-section up until tomorrow.
Of course we were hopeful (and prayerful) she'd come on her own during this past week. But since she hasn't, we feel comfy with this course of action. We take great comfort in knowing God has known all along how this little girl would make her entry and at the end of the day, it is in His hands.