Monday, February 1, 2010

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

Assuming all goes well, we should be in recovery or heading to our room by this time tomorrow!

That's right, our c-section is scheduled for 10am. How's 2/2/10, Groundhog Day, sound for a birthday?!

Like last time, there's a part of me that finds this to be a little too planned... and still would like to experience at least a little labor... but at the end of the day, it's probably for the best for both me and the baby. At last week's appointment the ultrasound measurements predicted she weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz. Still smaller than Elynor, but estimating a weight gain of .5 - 1 lbs/week, and accounting for a +/-20% margin of error, we were right on the size bubble for advising a natural delivery. At that time the MDs said they'd support a natural birth during the course of this past week... but once we got to today (39 weeks), we would be pushing their comfort level for me and the baby. Ryan and I agreed and decided to follow their recommendation... moving the scheduled c-section up until tomorrow.

Of course we were hopeful (and prayerful) she'd come on her own during this past week. But since she hasn't, we feel comfy with this course of action. We take great comfort in knowing God has known all along how this little girl would make her entry and at the end of the day, it is in His hands.


Christan said...

Good luck! I will be thinking about you and hoping all goes well for you and baby!!

Lish said...

Been thinking tons about you! Perhaps you'll go into labor tonight... Can't wait to hear about the arrival of the newest Westrom lady. xoxo