Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Sick & Tired

Dear friends,

We've all been thinking it... some have been whispering it... I now give you permission to just come out and say it - What's up with Sarah's recent post slow down? Is she slipping into that black hole that eventually eats so many once-faithful bloggers?

Now that we've got that out in the open, I assure you.... NO! I'm still here, still excited about posting. We've just had a few weeks of craziness. I've got yet ANOTHER cold - a brutal reminder that winter is still grinding on here in Chicago. Fortunately it hasn't hit Elynor or Ryan too badly. On top of this, I've also started working some. You may recall from a previous post that I'm now working as an independent contractor. In many ways this means I'm running my own business where I'm the only employee. Right now I'm working on a few writing and research projects. I'm loving the flexibility this arrangement affords, but in the past 2 weeks the amount of work has been a little more than I'd prefer. Going from zero work (on top of my CEM role) to approx. 3 days/week has been a bit of a shock to the system. I think it's manageable (especially if I wasn't sick), but just requires a shift in management approaches. I now have a new respect for single mamas and full-time working mamas. I am so thankful that having this discussion is even an option.

Here's a quick run-down of what Elynor's been up to during these events:
- LOVING solid foods - now up to 3 solid meals/day, including peas, sweet potatoes, rice cereal and/or pears. Squash, apples & bananas will be next.
- Hanging out with Auntie Katie during her visit this weekend.
- Cutting a tooth - A little point has broken through her bottom gum and it looks like a second one won't be far behind. I didn't even realize it until my friend who watched her yesterday pointed it out (proof that I've been a little out of it?). She's been drooling and somewhat fussy - but nothing far more than the norm, or so I thought.
- Receiving her birth certificate in the mail! She's officially alive now.
- Hanging out with lots of great babysitters. Last week she was with 4 girls in 4 days. Praise God for answering this prayer!

So with all this out in the open, I publicly promise to not fall into that posting black hole. Though the frequency of posts may slow down in this new phase of mamahood, I vow to continue the updates for you, for me, and for Elynor.

Spring, oh spring, where are you? Off to sneak in a quick nap -
Sarah

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

glad to hear you are working & found great sitters :)