Nearing the end of this pregnancy in late August, and carrying a rather large little girl, it's fair to say I'm getting rather uncomfortable. Out of respect for those who don't care or don't want to be scared away from having their own kiddos, I'll spare you any more details.
Because it gets so easy to focus on the negatives (and for some reason, it seems like pregnant women feel as if they have a free pass for being negative), I'm trying really hard to practice a "focus on the positives" approach. For those who remember Pollyanna... it's kinda like her Glad Game. Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't make the discomfort or not-so-great realities go away, but it does help to not let them overtake me. I guess you'll have to check in with Rye to see how well I'm executing this approach.
Below is a list of the things I'm very thankful for right now. Or considered another way, things I wonder how women survive without. What are you thankful for today?
1. Central air conditioning... and my husband understanding my desire to keep it a few degrees cooler than normal
2. A car - not having to take public transit or walk everywhere
3. A job that lets me work at home
4. In-unit washer & dryer
5. Health insurance that allows me to receive excellent care
6. Not having to work a second (or third) job
7. Family & friends who are incredibly helpful and excited to meet this baby
8. Relatively easy access to and the ability to have, the things I want, when I want them
9. Trevor, our dog walker, who prevents me from having to take any extra steps in the heat
10. A loving and involved husband