Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Invisible Mama

So, on Mother's Day it occurred to me that of the many pics we've taken since Elynor's birth, very few include me. Since you all know what I look like, and I don't think I make nearly as many funny/cute/interesting faces, this seems like no big deal. But then I started thinking about this website as a journal... documentation that Elynor (and maybe her siblings and/or children...) will hopefully look back at one day. When considering this, I decided we need to make a more concerted effort to include the other people in her life (including me). I mean, when I look back at my baby book, seeing my mom, dad, grandparents, aunts/uncles is probably even more interesting than seeing the chubby munchkin I once was.

Inspired, we immediately took a few pictures including me. Maybe these help to explain why I'm not in more shots. :)

No, this is not a hold-out picture. I am making crazy moves with my hands to try to get Elynor to look up. And we're not simply smiling, but shocked at the crazy sounds Grandma Sue & Granpda Lyle are making to keep her attention. NOTE: Bad hair and unmatching hat (though very cute, thanks Auntie Katie) are due to the Mother's Day monsoon.

My budding (and very advanced) artist made me a special Mother's Day card. She's so thoughtful that on the back she wrote a "special thank-you to daddy for helping her with the card...".

After the babe goes to bed, I enjoy my new fave pastime - making baby food (then cleaning it all up so the house is ready for the next showing - ahhhhh!!!!). Elynor can sure put down the food, so it's quite the challenge to keep up with her. A special prize will be rewarded to the first person to guess what flavor this batch is. Here's a hint: it's not rice pudding.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

george thinks it's tapioca... in fact he's somewhat shouting in my ear to hurry up and post his guess. for my sake- i hope he wins! i'm gonna guess george's second option... banana?? or an ooey flavor like.... i don't know!

SheWesty said...

sorry, nope, you're both wrong. but you may still be in luck... i will allow second entries.

Robby said...

apple?

SheWesty said...

nope, sorry. try again.

here's a hint: it's not fruit.

Anonymous said...

I guess chicken! - Ashley :)

SheWesty said...

whoohoo! we have a winner! chicken it is. in recognition of your big victory, ashley, 20 cubes of this delicious pureed delicacy are waiting for you in my freezer. mmmmm.... elynor likes it mixed with peas. but it can also be enjoyed all by its little lonesome (but only if you pinch your nose, in my opinion). i strongly recommend any other homemade baby food mamas just buy the pre-made chicken. this was a little too gross for me.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll be waiting for my prize... ;) - Ashley

april fool said...

haha... i knew it was chicken
the container next to it gives it away... but, for once- i was too shy to say anything bc i felt maybe that was too obvious :)

well done ashley!

Leslie C. said...

I have a great picture that Trinity took of you that I think you need to your blog. It captures your sillyness perfectly. I will email it to you.