Tuesday, May 6, 2008

RE: i'm so excited to see you!!!

here's what i believe to be elynor's first formal correspondence -

----- Original Message ----
From: Becca
To: Sarah
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 6:29:39 PM
Subject: i'm so excited to see you!!!

elynor,

so, i just wanted to say that.... (open pic).
and i can't wait to meet you for the first time. i'm eating solid food now, so if you're in to carrots or even lettuce i'd be up for a snack date. let me know so i can plan ahead. any time between 9pm- midnight is good for me. thanks!

love your cousin,

phoenix

----- Original Message ----
From: Sarah
To: Becca
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 2:39:39 AM
Subject: RE: i'm so excited to see you!!!


hi phoenix,

i'm sorry i took so long to write you back. my mommy & daddy don't usually let me play on their computers, so i had to get up in the middle of the night to do this in secret. don't reply to this email or my mommy will find out and i'll get in lots of trouble. then again, maybe she'll be so impressed that i could get out of bed, find her computer and figure this out that she'll forget my first punishment.

i can't wait to meet you too. my friend lauren has a stuffed mouse that you kind of look like, so i think i'll like you. as long as you don't pull my bows out of my hair or push me over and make me cry like some of my other boyfriends, i'm sure i'll be really into you. but you'll have to be okay with me pulling your hair and maybe trying to poke your eye like i do with doggies. i'll do my best not to try to stuff you in my mouth like i do almost everything else in my life. you'll probably still be faster than me so you'll be able to get away if you don't like how i play.

speaking of, is 9-midnight your only time to play? because that's after my bedtime and my mommy really doesn't like it when i get up in the middle of the night. if yes, and i like you once i meet you, i can sneak out of bed again. maybe we can wait until my second night there so i can learn my way around your house. but i'd really prefer my primetime - like, say, 7am? or you could even join me in my crib before mommy & daddy will let me out and i just talk to my teddy bears, around 6:30am? i've never tried lettuce, but i also really like carrots, so i think we can work out a menu. maybe i can also share some of my favorite pears or some cheerios with you. but mommy says i can't share my milk with you. i'm not really sure why, but i guesll i'll have to drink your water (if you have a sippy cup for me).

okay, i gotta get back to bed before i wake up mommy or daddy. it kind of takes me awhile to climb over the railing since i can't fit through them like you could.

i love you too!
elynor (my daddy calls me big E. you can too.)

No comments: