Sunday, June 22, 2008

A legacy of laughter

Last week Elynor & I got to spend an afternoon with my Grandma Jean (her GG), Aunt Mary, and cousin, Kelly. Essentially, this meant we all sat around and enjoyed Elynor's entertainment. And boy, did Elynor enjoy doing the entertaining. Her curious and outgoing personality have never been a secret. But this was the first day that I believe (or noticed) she realized her cause & effect on the crowd. Specifically, with the group watching, she'd dramatically drop her head to her chest (imagine a sneezing gesture) and pop up with a huge smile. When she got the desired laughter, she'd do it again, and again, and again. Okay, I should have captured this on video, because I can't quite do it justice. But it is becoming more & more fun to watch the nuances of her personality emerge.

Unfortunately, this is the only pic I got that day. But it summarizes our afternoon pretty nicely. I think it's safe to say that Elynor has inherited a legacy of laughter.

1 comment:

Leslie C. said...

This is just one of many reasons people will love to be in her company...just like her mama!